The Woodlands Township Board of Directors took several steps today to help slow the world-wide spread of COVID-19 through a series of decisions regarding facilities, including parks and sports fields, meetings, and transportation services.
The Emergency Meeting was held at 4 p.m. Monday, March 16, 2020 at The Woodlands Township’s Board Chambers to discuss matters related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
TOWNSHIP CLOSURES & EVENT CANCELLATIONS (THROUGH 5/10)
- Township Events – Cancelled
- Texas TreeVentures – Closed
- Township Parks & Dog Parks – Closed
- Township Recreation Centers – Closed
- Pools, Spraygrounds & Boathouses – Closed
- Town Center Trolley Service – Suspended
- The Woodlands Township suspended in-person intake of property improvement applications at Town Hall, suspending property inspections, and suspending staff attendance at meetings outside of the Township organization.
- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors authorized staff to analyze The Woodlands Express Park and Ride service and make recommendations to revise and/or eliminate routes as needed.
- The Woodlands Township Board authorized the President/General Manager to redirect, reduce or eliminate hours for Alpha & Omega Mounted Patrol.
“Although we had to close and make changes to many Township programs and services today, it’s done so to do our local part to slow down and prevent the spread of COVID-19 throughout Montgomery County, Harris County and beyond,” said Township Chairman Gordy Bunch.
Chairman Bunch announced the Township Emergency Operations Center is engaged with a collection of public safety organizations and health/human service partners. He said communication from this group to the general public would begin tomorrow. The Township has created a Coronavirus page on its website with updates from partner agencies, links to local health authorities and an archive with Township communications related to Coronavirus. Please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/covid19 for more information.
Additionally, the Township also encourages residents to stay connected by following Township social media accounts at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed and signing up for the Talk of the Township e-newsletter and other emergency notifications at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/notifyme.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.