Families are always looking for something fun to do together and if it’s free – that’s even better! How about relaxing on the lawn or sitting on a patio along the beautiful Lake Woodlands listening to a great live music? Rock the Row is a free concert series in Hughes Landing presented together with The Woodlands Township and The Howard Hughes Corporation.
“I believe people enjoy these events because it bring togetherness to the community,” said Lorrie Parise, Manager – PR & Community Relations, The Howard Hughes Corporation. “Rock the Row is a fun, family outing.”
Rock the Row features area bands playing favorites from pop to Motown to classic rock every Thursday evening from 7 to 9 p.m., starting October 11th and running through November 15th.
Here are some tips to get the most out of your Rock The Row night.
1. Pack a picnic – Bring along food and have dinner or snacks on the lawn at the bandshell. You can pack a blanket or a lawn chair and a cooler. Glass is not permitted.
2. Patio Watch – Enjoy the music from the patios along Restaurant Row. All of the restaurants have great outdoor patio seating options and most have happy hour specials to enjoy.
3. Watch from the water – You can rent a kayak from Lakes Edge Boat House on Lake Woodlands and enjoy the concert from the water. A one person kayak rents for $15 for the first hour and two person kayak goes for $20. After the first hour, the cost is $5 for each additional hour.
4. Treat yourself – Before you check out the concert, treat yourself at Hughes Landing. Get a shave and massage from Eighteen Eight Men’s Salon, a refreshing class at Pure Barre, or a stop at Venetian Nail Salon for a mani/pedi.
5. Explore the outdoor sculptures – There are several art sculptures around the Hughes Landing area. Mexican artist Yvonne Domenge created art called “Wind Waves” which is a continuous loop of bright red bronze. It’s meant to represent the culture and outdoors of The Woodlands area and is located at the end of Aviator Way.
“We also provide additional free community events like our upcoming Creekside Park® Summer Movie Nights, Creekside Park Unplugged, and The Woodlands Wildflower Festival and Arbor Day,” said Parise.
Check here for a list of dates and specific bands that are set to perform. And, look for other family friendly events in the Hughes Landing area.